Internship & Volunteer Application Deadlines
- Spring Semester: December 1st
- Summer Semester: April 15th
- Fall Semester: July 15th
The CardioKinetics Internship Program offers possibilities to students seeking applied work experience in Exercise Science, Health Promotion or other health related fields. Students can expect to gain exposure to biometric screening, fitness testing, programming, cardiac rehabilitation, group fitness exercise as well as learning appropriate daily operational tasks in corporate fitness setting. Students will have the opportunity to work with fitness center members and testing clients on a variety of fitness and wellness programming.
- Use ACSM protocol to complete exercise testing procedures
- Complete exercise prescriptions for novice and experienced exercisers. Supervises facility; interacts with participants and monitors equipment and participant safety.
- Design and implement motivational and educational programs on an array of health and fitness topics
- Group Exercise Instruction
- Educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Learn how CardioKinetics conducts fitness testing, executive physicals, and assessments. Advises participants of results; designs individualized programs to meet the participant’s interests, abilities and goals.
- Researches health & fitness educational topics and identifies appropriate participant educational materials; conducts health education seminars/presentations.
- Participates in membership drives to acquire new participants; enrolls new participants and conducts facility, program and equipment orientations.
- Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation and re-engage inactive participants.
- Creates and maintains bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing & communication materials.
- Deliver exceptional customer service
- Resume building
- CPR Certification Recommended
- Candidates must be undergraduate or graduate students in Exercise Science or a related field.
- Candidates must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Flexible schedules are required.
- Candidates must have a passion for helping others.